DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences Response to Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19) Prevention and Control17 March 2020
At DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences, we have been closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic as it continues to spread across the world, and taking steps to keep our employees, customers and communities in which we operate informed as the health crisis unfolds.
The health and safety of our employees is our highest priority. We have corporate, regional and local crisis management teams in place actively monitoring, preparing and managing our COVID-19 response around the clock. We are implementing our safety plans and protocols based on World Health Organization (WHO) and Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines and recommendations to help prevent the spread of the virus.
As cases expand globally, we've updated travel restrictions, and are providing new guidance to ensure we continue to serve our customers' needs while practicing safe and healthy measures to contain and mitigate the spread of infection at our sites and offices. In that regard, we have taken several strong actions, including:
In our Nutrition & Biosciences business, we continue to run our production at sites across the world, ensuring delivery of essential products to customers from critical industries such as the food, beverage, personal care and pharma industries. We remain committed to meet the highest standards of food and product safety and quality and make our contribution to the continued delivery of essential goods to consumers.
Our focused and capable teams continue to address this global health crisis, and we are prepared to navigate through these challenging circumstances with our Core Values (Safety & Health, Respect for People, Protecting the Planet, Highest Ethical Behavior) at the forefront of everything we do.
- Suspending international travel and restricting all other travel to business critical only.
- Mandatory self-quarantine measures for employees at risk of exposure.
- Limiting access to our sites.
- Conducting enhanced and more frequent cleaning services at all facilities.
- Encouraging employees to practice social distancing, proper handwashing and hygiene practices.
- Canceling participation at all large meetings, both internally and externally.
- Requiring employees to work from home where possible.